Follow These 10 Money Saving Maintenance Tips to Keep Your Plumbing System in Victorville Running Smoothly:
- Avoid letting kitchen waste to flow down into the drain. They harden upon solidification and cause clogged drains. Use separate disposal methods to dump off the kitchen garbage.
- When turning the faucet off, do not tighten the tap too much as it can compress and degrade the washer more quickly and lead to faucet leaks.
- Protect your drains at the shower, bathtub or washbasin by using plumbing drain screens. These are inexpensive materials and can filter out physical waste products from draining water like kitchen waste, hairs, plastic materials and other small items. These waste products can be dumped easily and prevent drains from clogging.
- Maintain your pipes. Knowing their physical nature will help you to follow some specific maintenance guidelines. A galvanized iron pipe, particularly in old homes, should be protected from rusting. Modern pipes should be checked regularly for hairline cracks and displacement.
- Whenever there is a water overflow in any part of your plumbing system, turn off the main water supply valve. Sometimes these valves are located deep inside and can be hard to reach without proper tools. So make sure that you have some basic plumbing tools inside your shelves for emergency and know where the main water valve is located.
- Check on the water pressure. This can be easily done by using gauges that are readily available at any hardware store. If the pressure is less than 40 psi or more than 80 psi, call a plumber to correct the water pressure.
- Make sure that the water being supplied to your home is free from minerals which make it hard. This leads to deposition of white matter on the plumbing appliances. If your house is supplied with hard water, consider installing a water softener. There are sodium water softeners and electronic water softeners and a plumber will be able to install for you.
- Avoid using chemical based drain unclogging products since they can deteriorate the physical nature of pipe materials. Any problems with drain clogging should be consulted by a professional plumber.
- Maintain plumbing and water consuming appliances such as water heaters, washing machines, dishwashers, ice makers, sinks and bathtubs. If any of these appliances are functioning incorrectly they should be repaired immediately by a plumber to avoid bigger plumbing issues.
- Make sure that you are correctly maintaining septic systems. Septic systems are vulnerable to any small disturbance and proper care should be taken to keep them undeterred. Septic pumping should be performed to clean the septic tank from sludge and scum. They also need general maintenance like leak detection to avoid bigger issues with the septic system.
Plumbing system maintenance and repair can be turn into an expensive project if not performed correctly. Call the professional plumbers at Roto-Rooter in Victorville / High Desert / Apple Valley to make sure the job is done right. Even if it is an emergency repair, we offer 24/7 service here at Roto-Rooter and our team of experts will be ready to serve you when you need them. Call us today at (661) 948-1048.