December 8, 2017 – Victorville, CA – The drain field is a critical part of septic systems, yet in the experience of Roto-Rooter High Desert – the top septic system service provider in the High Desert areas – many residents are unaware of how easily a drain field can fail.
When a drain field failure can lead to serious problems with the septic system, damage to the tank, or even toxic water backing up into the home, it’s vital that residents know how to protect their drain field.
So, Roto-Rooter High Desert wanted to highlight the five most common reasons for drain field failure.
- Age. A drain field has a lifespan of around 20-30 years. After that point, it will be too clogged and damaged by erosion to function without repairs.
- Being crushed. Drain fields are very susceptible to damage from the top, particularly if heavy objects are on top of them – such as parked cars and trucks.
- Full septic tanks. As a septic tank nears being 100% full, it will stop being able to effectively trap sludge and other solids. These will flow out into the drain field, clogging it and doing other damage.
- Oversaturation. Drain fields are designed to handle plenty of excess water, but there are still limits – particularly if the attached building is over-using water, or there have been hard rains.
- Paving-over. Occasionally, land-owners will pave over some or all of their drain field without realizing it. This will immediately cause significant ongoing problems.
Roto-Rooter High Desert advises anyone experiencing septic system trouble to contact an expert immediately.
About Roto-Rooter High Desert
Roto-Rooter High Desert proudly carries on the tradition of great Roto-Rooter septic system service, and other plumbing needs, in the Victorville, Apple Valley, and Hesperia areas. Roto-Rooter High Desert offers both residential and commercial service, making them the premier choice for septic and plumbing services in the California desert area.
To learn more or schedule an appointment, call 760-245-2947 or visit https://www.rotorooterhighdesert.com/.